Most of the generators currently on the market produce cold using a standalone diesel generator. Technically, these motors have evolved so little that though it may seem paradoxical in urban deliveries, not only are they noisy but they also account for more than 90% of the total particle emissions generated by a refrigerated truck as a whole, power train included.
The air that circulates inside the refrigerated container is cooled through the circulation of liquid nitrogen cooled to -196°C in one or more hermetically sealed exchangers before the nitrogen is released as a gas into the atmosphere.
The advantages of cryo-cooling
The blueeze™ solution developed by Air Liquide is fully operational. It offers a more reliable way to ensure that the cold chain is not broken while also bringing exceptional environmental benefits to business and local government customers:
- Fast and highly controlled drop in temperature
- Silent system, ideal for overnight delivers and driver comfort
- Zero polluting emissions during operation (greenhouse gases, particulate matter, NOx, etc.), since the only by-product is nitrogen, the principal component of air
- Sustainable: the carbon footprint is reduced by around 85% (France)
- The technology has no internal combustion motor, resulting in less need for maintenance and maximum availability, as well as consistent cold quality regardless of the age of the cold generator
These many advantages increase the utilization rate, reduce temperature-related disputes, and expand the field of applications – all of which leads to an immediate economic added value.
Blueeze™ : Refrigerated transportation (French only)Download the document PDF (333.74 KB)